Working with Corporate History.net was the best decision we could have possibly made for our project. It not only ensured the quality of our end product but that we would enjoy the work along the way. Marian Calabro’s skills are ideal for an initiative that involves a delicate balance of presenting facts and nuance, and having her perspective was consistently invaluable.
Martha R. Acworth, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Salem Five, Salem, MA
Salem Five Cents Savings Bank is a premier financial institution in Salem, Massachusetts, and New England. Ten years after celebrating its 150th anniversary with a handsome book, the Bank turned to CorporateHistory.net to update the volume. Nothing less than an expanded Second Edition could chronicle the significant growth of Salem Five from 2005 to 2015: growth in capital, in the number of branches, in personnel, and in technology, plus a historic vote by Corporators and Trustees to ensure the Bank’s lasting commitment to mutuality.
CorporateHistory.net helped with the creation of the Second Edition by:
- Conducting 20 oral history interviews with people who have been instrumental in the bank’s innovation and growth
- Writing a new, 80-page chapter that commemorates the achievements of the past decade under the leadership of outgoing President and CEO Joseph M. Gibbons and his successor, Ping Yin Chai
- Providing special coverage of a major acquisition, the merger of Salem Five with Stoneham Savings Bank
- Creating a five-page feature section that highlights synergies between Salem Five and the City of Salem, with insights from an interview with Mayor Kimberley Driscoll
- Adding a Timeline of Major Events and reference lists of Trustees and Presidents to date
Consultant and Author, Second Edition: Marian Calabro, CorporateHistory.net
Art Director and Production Manager, Second Edition: Christopher Payne, Creative Director, Salem Five
(The Second Edition expands and updates the First Edition, which was produced for the Bank in 2006 by Memoirs Unlimited of Beverly, Mass.)