Have the past few years made your organization’s head spin? Try this steadying move: Step back and examine the latest steps in your evolution. BAYADA Home Health Care just did that, when founder Mark Baiada and company leaders asked CorporateHistory.net to chronicle its latest chapter. That’s the title of a concise booklet that updates the 40th anniversary book we developed with this iconic brand in 2015. To be used in Welcome Trainings with new staff, “The Latest Chapter” tells how and why BAYADA:
- Changed its structure to not-for-profit.
- Funded a $20 million Gift of Gratitude for employees and retirees, based on their longevity at BAYADA—a gesture so notable it was covered by national media, including “The Today Show” (view that video here).
- Responded to COVID-19 challenges, a special urgency for a home health organization.
- Grew its business internationally.
- Created a Global Support Center that earned “Cool Office” credibility.
- Launched its Key Action of the Week program that continually aligns all employees on The BAYADA Way®.
- Developed its Learning Maps Experience for onboarding.
- Established its Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as well as three Employee Resource Councils.
- Launched plans to celebrate its 50th anniversary in Hollywood!
As CEO David Baiada notes: “In some ways, pre-COVID times seems like ancient history. Subsequent events have stretched us, tested us, and ultimately empowered us.” Read more about BAYADA’s history on its website.
Your organization’s story is a continuing journey. What’s in your latest chapter?